Subject Access Requests
Pursuant to the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA 1998) individuals (including sole traders and non-limited liability partners) wishing to access their Personal Data (as defined under DPA 1998) stored at MyFirmsApp should submit a request as follows*:
- Make your request, in writing, to the EU Data Protection Officer (see below for contact details).
- The request should include address details and provide documented evidence of who you are (e.g. a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate). You should also provide as much detail as possible regarding the information you wish to access (e.g. specific details of information required, relevant time periods, etc.).
- A £10 administration fee is permitted under the Data Protection Act 1998. However MyFirmsApp may waive this fee. Please do not enclose the fee with your initial request; MyFirmsApp will contact you should a fee be required.
- Where multiple requests for the same data are made within a certain specified time period under the Data Protection Act 1998, MyFirmsApp need only respond to the initial request. If you wish to make another request at a later time and/or new or different information is requested, MyFirmsApp will ascertain at that time whether a new subject access request has been made and by when a response is required.
- Once the EU Data Protection Officer receives a completed Subject Access Request, MyFirmsApp will make best endeavours to compile and provide all relevant, proportionate and non-exempt information and any necessary explanations about the data within 1 month of receipt, in accordance with the ICO specified here. In any event, you will receive all the information that has been located and can be released in accordance with the law, along with an explanation for any information that cannot be provided at that time.
- MyFirmsApp does not release information held about individuals without their consent, unless there is a legally supported reason to do so. Therefore if information held about you also contains information related to a third party, MyFirmsApp will make every effort to anonymise the information. If this is not possible, and MyFirmsApp has been unable to secure the relevant consent, MyFirmsApp reserve the right not to release the information.
Subject Access Requests may be submitted in paper or electronic format, and may be responded to in kind.
Contact Details of EU Data Protection Officer
Email: [email protected]
EU Data Protection Officer,
37-39 Victoria Street,
*Please note that a limited company or a representative of a limited company acting on behalf of the company, or other such entity (or its representative acting on its behalf) required to register with Companies House or similar register cannot make a Subject Access Request. Any information requested for a company would normally constitute a MyFirmsApp Business Information Report or other similar report, to which normal fees and terms and conditions apply. If a director, officer or other company representative requests data about him or herself specifically, it may be treated as a Subject Access Request.